Thursday 16 October 2014

Jen and Esther's Dyeing Day


 
 



The first photo is of Esther who was finishing her Year 12 Art final assessment piece. She created a mixed ink-print book with a mixed media cover. She is putting burlap and twine on black cardboard for the front cover.

I wanted to do some dyeing before we move house for a new rug I have in mind. As you can see in the photo's I didn't have a lot of room to work with the stove inside the chimney (not for much longer!!).


It's nearly impossible to pour anything into a pot when cooking. Anyway, I made a 'dip dye' yellow and a 'dump dye' yellow-orangey-pinkish wool.

Winnie-cat demanded her hot pack and blanket, she was cold, right in the middle of applying dye to the wool. She has a great sense of timing!

I'm happy with the way the wool turned out and have plans for more... I don't think I would have tried this if it hadn't been for Joy who helped me with my first batch of dyeing some time ago. Thanks Joy!.

Hope you all enjoy Strath.

No comments:

Post a Comment