Wednesday 14 January 2015

January 2015- HAPPY NEW YEAR



What a wonderful day we had.
Our group is growing. We had another lady come and enjoy the fellowship of rug hookers, wanting to learn the art of hooking.
Welcome to our group Wendy.
Wendy started off like a whirlwind, and took to hooking like a fish takes to water, with no mistakes and beautiful ‘Shepherd’ corners. Gene would have been proud of her. No loopy backs for Wendy. Maybe she will have an up and coming rug on the go by next month, who knows. You have to be keen when you will drive from Seymour to Warrandyte for a meeting, and that’s what we all are, with most of us travelling an hour for our get togethers.
It was great to see Robyne and her daughter Claire too, it has been some time since I have seen Robyne, and although she could only stay for an hour it was a lovely time of catching up. We are hoping Robyne, and maybe Claire will be with us again next month, [hopefully for good].
Robyne showed us her beautiful Magdalena Briny Eby inspired Bambi rug, which she has been working on. This rug has special memories for her as she is using up her stash of all types of fabrics from her past. Yes fabrics can bring back memories.
Anne has been working furiously on her santa rug and I am sure it will definitely be finished before next Christmas, while at the same time her lovely pear chairpad is nearly finished.




Joy also worked furiously, to finish the herringbone whipped edge on her ‘Manet’s melon’ rug so that a photo could be taken of the completed rug, and then onto her ‘last leaf rug’ which is waiting to be edged. 

Jen walked in late having had to work in the morning but she couldn’t stay away and quickly whisked her ‘tightrope to the sun’ rug out to do some work on it before home time.
Sandra was quietly working away at Shaun looking a very schmick sheep indeed and Leanne, had brought in her adult [as in skill, nothing else OK?] colouring book working in artist's water colour colouring pencils. 

Me, myself and I started on a punchneedle embroidery, having no rug to work on at present, but that will soon be rectified as I still have one, yes, only one portrait rug to do to complete my set of six grandchildren’s rugs. However, I will also have my oriental floor rug to work on, but this only at home- it is definitely not portable. 










Cheers, till next time :)

1 comment:

  1. It was lovely to catch up, even if for a short time. Next month I think I'll be able to spend more time, with my hubby coming to do some drawing and painting around our favourite Loch area. I too will need a new project by then Chris. My Bambi rug is so close to finished. Today I'm adding the last of the inside, and the border is also all but done. Only the outer edge and a hem. I think by next week, it will be on the floor. Hubby wants it at his bedside, which is nice. Especially since I didn't make it for a particular spot (something I'm strict about not doing but did anyway).
    What next? I have all of these gorgeous silk strips cut...

    ReplyDelete