Sunday 11 June 2017

June in Loch

June in Loch was cold, but the atmosphere was sunny and so was the room we were in. It was wonderful to see six of us girls get together to share our love of hooking and fellowship. The girls travelled from far off to unite us in our common love of rug hooking.

As we hooked away we chatted and shared of what was important to us in our personal lives, our joys and sometimes our pains.
There is something very special about being together as a group of women, this is how we communicate.

Joy had started her next stair tread the month before and made great headway with her second sheep on tread number three- 'in the Valley' a rug of deep shadows and highlights among the trees in the dark valley. It will be beautiful.

Anne worked on her stairpad, hooked with beautiful jewel colours in wool yarn, which gives a rug such a different look to woll strips. It is soft and puffy, just lovely.
 
Jen worked on her 'tightrope to the sun' rug. Jen is a busy lady and often our monthly meeting is the only time she can work on it. However it is coming along beautifully.

Anne Marie is also working on a wool yarn chairpad, also in lovely bright colours of her home-spun, hand-dyed wool.

Leanne took the time to just relax and chat.

I- Chris continued to work on my Persian style rug called 'Tehran', designed by Rittermere back in the 1970s. I have this rug standing in front of the fire in the winter months, so I can work on it any time. This is the time I get more done as it is visible from the kitchen and the sitting room.

The photo below shows one of a rug, called Ín the beginning God created', which I started while holidaying in Tasmania. I needed to start a project that was portable                                                                       
                                                   
Leanne, just relaaxing and enjoying the time out with friends
                  

1 comment:

  1. Looking good there girls. I may be back soon as Dad has had to be in full time care as of last Tuesday. I'll take a bit of time to catch up with myself and get organised with Dad properly, but I envisage a return soon. I miss you all. xxx

    ReplyDelete