The first photo is of Esther who was finishing her Year 12 Art final assessment piece. She created a mixed ink-print book with a mixed media cover. She is putting burlap and twine on black cardboard for the front cover.
I wanted to do some dyeing before we move house for a new rug I have in mind. As you can see in the photo's I didn't have a lot of room to work with the stove inside the chimney (not for much longer!!).
It's nearly impossible to pour anything into a pot when cooking. Anyway, I made a 'dip dye' yellow and a 'dump dye' yellow-orangey-pinkish wool.
Winnie-cat demanded her hot pack and blanket, she was cold, right in the middle of applying dye to the wool. She has a great sense of timing!
I'm happy with the way the wool turned out and have plans for more... I don't think I would have tried this if it hadn't been for Joy who helped me with my first batch of dyeing some time ago. Thanks Joy!.
Hope you all enjoy Strath.