Wednesday 17 July 2013

OK, Last Post! The Bling Is In Place & The Seat Is In Use.

It's so much nicer in real life.
 

 
This is my grandfather's needle case and hook needle. He was an upholsterer for the Victorian Railways. He worked on the Southern Aurora and domestic trains... the old Red Rattlers. It's lovely to use his needle. Dah died when I was 8 but I remember him well. He made things for us all of the time... a shield for my brother, a doll's cot or cradle or a castle or a garage. A lovely man.

1 comment:

  1. It's wonderful to have great memories of your grandfather Robyn. I never knew my Opa on my dads side and my Oma on dad's side died when I was very little. We left Holland for Australia when I was 10, and after that I only saw my Opa and Oma on my Mum's side once more. I lost my dad when I was 13, so didn't grow up with him either. I was hoping our grandchildren would grow up with us in their lives, but even though we are close, our daughter and her family have lived all over Oz and presently in Tassie so we don't see as much of them as we would love. We have two grandboys in Cranbourne, which is nice. :)

    ReplyDelete